Top Global Property Markets for International Investment
Investors the worldover have long called upon our team to advise on their real estate acquisitions in Manhattan. Prized for its economic stability, historical long-term appreciation and immediate potential return on investment, New York City has and will continue to attract investment. However, in recent years, we’ve seen not only the buyer pool shift – but the location itself move to find the next up-and-coming destinations. Since the pandemic, we’ve advised investors looking in Miami and Los Angeles, Mexico City and Tulum, Punta del Este and St. Barth’s. Americans, too, are joining the fray buying in both established and new locations in Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
These are some of the property markets to watch this year and in the years ahead.
No global portfolio is complete without a trophy residence in London. Be it a storied mansion in Mayfair or a new build scheme in Knightsbridge, London is not just the capital of the United Kingdom – its one of the preeminent international and financial capitals of the world.
- 60 Curzon
- The Peninsula
Punta del Este
The amount of tax efficient jurisdictions in which to invest seem to grow by the year, but few are located in South America. With seasons reverse to the Northern Hemisphere, Uruguay’s expansive beaches beckon just as most of the globe plunges into the cold. Add to that one of the world’s most progressive societies and safest communities, its no surprise one of Latin America’ best kept secrets is finally gaining publicity. From gated compounds to branded residences, from Nacho Figueras polo clubs and Arnold Palmer golf courses, there is something for every investor here.
Rarely goes a month without a new project hitting our radar in Portugal, where a combination of temperate climate, quick flight from the US eastern seaboard and low cost of living have made the country a top destination for investment both for pied-a-terre and retirement. Portugal’s Residency by Investment program is amongst the best in the world with a minimum stay requirement of 1 week per year and the right to citizenship after 5 years. Its not just affordable, the country was ranked the 3rd most peaceful in the world, and the safest in the Schengen area by the Global Peace Index. Last, a lower cost of construction and a strong design sensibility have put exciting projects like these high on our radar.
- Prata Riverside - Renzo Piano | Prata Riverside Village, Lisbon – Designed by world renowned architect Renzo Piano provide a stunning setting next to the Targus River. The area has been beautifully redeveloped and provides a great opportunity for investment with units starting at €295,00 through to large river facing apartments with terraces.
- One Green Way Residence - Quinta do Lago
- Secret Garden Villas |Campo de Ourique
- Bahamas | Have seen a wave of new development, including Nassau’s The Residences at Goldwynn. However, its the private islands and breezy chic Bahamian estates that have our clients inquiring about the opportunity in this country again and again
- Italy | Like Portgual, Italy is seeing a wave of new projects catering to the international investor or pied-a-terre buyer with its lower entry price points, lower cost of living and incomparable Mediterranean lifestyle.
- Magnificent Tuscan Villa
- Angst in Bordighera is another gem with a rich history of hosting the aristocracy. The past lives on in its esteemed reputation. The hotel is ornate at every angle, its large façade enveloped by a lavish botanical garden. Each room enjoys a view of the unique landscape and seascape. Private residences range from one-bedroom to four-bedroom apartments. All feature a contemporary Italian design embodying the spirit of the Riviera.
Dubai | The third wave of international investment by our tally, largely timed around the pandemic, Expo 2022 and the strict Chinese lockdown on both travel and currency, international wealth from many markets, but Hong Kong in particular, has arrived in droves, driving up prices and fast tracking many projects.
in the heart of Dubai is a visual masterpiece. It offers a trifecta of amenities, views, and a prime location. This development combines residences, businesses, and leisure for a seamlessly serene experience. Most notable about its construction is The Link, a panoramic sky podium that dissects both towers of One Za’abeel. As the world’s longest cantilever building, the 220+ meter platform rests 100 meters above the ground. From here, residents have access to Reflections at Keppel Bay